Even the best of us casino players can suffer from gambling blues at one point in our lives. Perhaps you are in a rut and have been struggling with a persistent losing streak. It happens to even the smartest casino players. So, hold on to your hats as we have rounded up a comprehensive list of 15 inspirational casino quotes to help you power through and stay motivated.
1. “Guaranteed success in any game is a result of how much you have played, experienced, tried the wind against you and still kept faith in the goal.”
Winning at casino gambling is a journey with many legs. This casino quote reminds us that practice makes perfect. So, don’t be afraid to try free play modes. “Practice, practice, practice,” should be your personal gambling mantra. When you have amassed enough experience, you can weather any challenge. And with a little faith in yourself, you can take your casino gambling game to the next level.
2. “Uncertainty doesn’t make life worth living, quite, but it does make striving and gambling worth attempting,” – Walter Kirn
In life, you can never be 100% sure of anything. Uncertainty isn’t guaranteed. Many things could go wrong. But isn’t that the beauty of life itself? The fact that we never are really certain about anything doesn’t have to be necessarily a bad thing. Yes, you were not lucky this round. That doesn’t mean that you won’t strike it rich the next time. It’s all about striving and taking a gamble.
3. “Casino gambling is colorful and dramatic and theatrical” – Steve Wynn
Casino business mogul Steve Wynn is right on the money. Casino gambling is a lot more than betting, losing and winning. It’s a journey in and of itself that should be enjoyed. As a casino player, you must embrace all aspects of gambling – the drama, the excitement, the loses, the wins, and everything in between. Remember winning is only half what casino gambling offers – so dig deeper.
4. “It’s hard to walk away from a winning streak, even harder to leave the table when you’re on a losing one.” ― Cara Bertoia
This gambling quote should come as a wake-up call to those who don’t know when to stop. As a player, it pays to know when a winning streak is due for a loss, and the best time to pack up and go when you are still in the green. The same goes for when you are on a losing streak. You are better off knowing when to call it quits, and try another time when the lady luck is in your favor.
5. “Quit while you’re ahead. All the best gamblers do.” ― Baltasar Gracián y Morales
Here’s another inspiration casino quotes about knowing when to stop. Again, it’s best to quit while you are on a winning streak.
6. “Sitting there, it is impossible to change your luck. But, you can always change the machine you are at!” ― James Hauenstein
Ah yes, my lucky machine. We have all been there. Stuck to one casino game, making a big loss after another. The truth of the matter is that not all casino players are good at each slot, poker or jackpot. That’s why it is crucial to change games (and perhaps casinos) to try your luck elsewhere. If Starburst isn’t delivering the payouts you desire, don’t just sit there – move on to another game, preferably change your strategy and tact.
7. “Without gambling, I would not exist” – Hunter S. Thompson
This is one of our favorite casino quotes. Casino gambling is larger than life, and S. Thompson put it perfectly. Gambling is something of beauty. Something that makes you, the casino player, who you are. Don’t let anyone take that away from you.
8. “It’s when you take a fish to the casino he starts to wonder where the chips are.” ― Anthony T. Hincks
Not sure what Anthony Hincks was driving at here but this gambling quote sure sounds inspirational. It’s one of those casino quotes that helps you toe the line.
9. “Gambling is part of the human condition. I love it. I have the best time gambling. I’ve been winning fortunes, and I’ve been losing them” — Jerry Lewis
Gambling has been around since time immemorial. Even Emperor Augustus was an avid gambler for god sake. There’s nothing in our lives that’s not partly based on chance. Your job, your marriage, your friendships, your wealth … the whole shebang. So, don’t be afraid to enjoy a little casino gambling. Partake in the ride as much as the next person.
10. “Sometimes a 3-1 favorite loses. That’s why they call it gambling, and that’s why they keep flipping over the cards” – Richard Roeper
Here’s one of the best gambling quotes of recent times. Losing a “sure” thing can be quite devastating. It can be a bummer to your gambling spirit. But difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations. Losing is part of the game. That’s why you should try again and again.
11. “It’s self-discipline and greater self-control to play safe, play right, play for fun and come back home with still filled pockets in the night” – Anonymous
Having a winning strategy is half the battle in the world of casino gambling. The other half is making sure that you leave the casino with a sizeable win. After all, isn’t that the reason why you played in the first place? Exercise self-control, play for fun, and play right – but eventually, ensure to stop when you’re in the positive.
12. “Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity” – Seneca
Wow, what a casino quote, right? You went deep right there Seneca! And he’s correct: casino gambling is 80% preparation and 20% actual playing (and luck).
13. “Desperation is the enemy of all success in online casino games. The real way out is to ensure you stay patient, get the rules right and accept that it won’t be a sunny day any time soon”
Desperation can encourage you to bet impulsively and recklessly. That’s why it pays to be patient, follow your winning strategy, and know when to stop. Heed to such casino quotes if you want to make bank.
14. “A dollar won is twice as sweet as a dollar earned… “ – Paul Newman
I don’t know about you, but Paul Newman is spot on.
15. “Eat your betting money but don’t bet your eating money”
Lastly, the king proverb of casino quotes. This is the rule of thumb in casino gambling. The message is clear: have a gambling budget and stick to it.
Ari Waknine was born in Brooklyn, New York and was the founder of iGamble Group, an online gaming critique firm that helps players pick online gambling websites that fit their profile, as well as, helping them to increase their winnings. He is also the founder of NewCasinos.org, and is strictly focusing on this project making stronger and better than ever.