Walking into a brick and mortar casino for the first time can be a daunting experience. Completely different than playing at an online casino. The experience of visiting a casino is nerve-wracking and exciting at the same time. Casinos have a set of unwritten casino table courtesy that all players should follow. These rules apply to amateurs and professional players alike. Although casino games are supposed to be fun, failure to follow the rules can result to a rough time on your side. Here are a few tips on how to behave at a casino to have a great time.
General Casino Rules
Specific rules apply to each game. However, some rules generally apply to all games. Here is how to behave at a casino;
- You should be polite to everyone. Being respectful to fellow players and the dealer will offer you fun playing time. If you are joining other players who are already at the table, greeting them before taking a seat is polite. It is common for players to be on a losing streak while playing. However, you should not take it out on the dealer when this happens.
- Rather than giving your money to the dealer, you should place it on the table. Handing your cash to the dealer can confuse them or other players at the table. The dealer can pick up your money from the table.
- Once you are seated at the table, you should avoid leaving your seat. If you need a drink, you can order one from the cocktail waitresses who are continually moving around the tables. Ensure you tip your server, so they keep coming back to freshen your drink.
- Avoid the use of your phone as casino table courtesy. Since some people use phones for cheating, you should avoid using yours while at the table. If you need to call or text, you should leave the table.
- Frequently, players are unable to decide while at the table. However, you should ensure you don’t take up too much time to decide. Taking a lot of time can be irritating to the rest of the players.
- Once you place your chips on the table, you should not touch them. Changing your mind after placing your chips is considered cheating.
- You should only take a seat at the table if you are playing. If you are not betting, you should give up your place to a serious player.
As mentioned earlier, certain rules apply to every table game.
Craps: Unlike other casino table games, Craps is livelier. It’s an energetic game that allows the players to socialize. Crap is a popular party game due to its interactive nature. That said, it doesn’t mean that it doesn’t have rules. Here is the casino table courtesy you should follow when playing craps:
- You should decide how much you want to bet before joining the table. Choosing beforehand will help you avoid wasting the precious time of other players.
- You should avoid making late bets. These are bets made when the dice are in the hands of the shooter. You should make a bet while the dice are in the middle.
- While the dice are in the air, you should ensure that you don’t stick your hands out. The last thing you want is to be responsible for a bad throw by the shooter.
- You should ensure the dice hit the side of the wall when you throw them. You should avoid overthrowing the dice such that they go outside the table.
Roulette: Playing roulette is quite easy. If you are only beginning to play casino games, this is an ideal game to ease you into casino table games. In terms of the level of simplicity, they come second to slot machines. When you are playing roulette, certain casino table courtesy should be followed.
- Once you join the roulette table, ask for chips from the dealer. Chips used in the roulette table are not similar to those used for other table games. Unlike regular chips that are colored to determine their value, roulette chips are colored differently for players.
- When placing a bet, you should set your chips in a neat pile. You should avoid throwing your chips. If you can’t reach your preferred number, ask the dealer for assistance.
- If you have had enough of the game, ensure you cash in your chips before leaving the table. Since you can’t use your chips for another casino table, carrying them is not necessary.
Blackjack: Blackjack is perhaps the most popular casino game. It’s popularity mostly stems from its portrayal in movies. Blackjack is quite tricky, and if you have never played it before, it will take some time before you get the hang of it. Still, it is essential to follow this casino table courtesy:
- You should ask whether or not you should join the table. Entering the game in the middle of the game can be a distraction. However, it may be rewarding to other players.
- Playing blackjack involves a lot of hand gestures since it’s a silent game. You could lose a hand as a result of making the wrong gesture. You should be aware of all the gestures you make on the table.
- You should only touch your cards when appropriate. Blackjack involves little to no interaction from the players on the table. It is essential to know what is acceptable at the table since rules are not the same for all casinos.
Poker: Poker is another fascinating casino game. Players try to be impassive while playing so as not to give away what they have in hand, and this is where the phrase “poker face” originated. As much as bluffing is allowed in poker, you should ensure that you follow some casino table courtesy:
- You should avoid splashing the pot as this can distract the players and the dealer. If you want to call or raise, ensure you place your chips in a neat stack next to the rest.
- You should avoid giving unwanted advice to other players, focus on your game.
- You should avoid a slow roll when playing poker. If you think you have the winning hand, once your hand is called, you should not take up to much time.
Following the unwritten rules will ensure you have an easy time at the casino. Basically, not all the casinos will have these rules displayed as they are considered common so ensure you go throw them and understand them for a refreshing time at your local casino.
- How to Find Slot Machines With the Best Payouts in 2020
- Choosing the Best Bitcoin Gambling Sites 2020
- Top Tips To Win At Online Casinos Every Time: Beating the Casino 2020
Ari Waknine was born in Brooklyn, New York and was the founder of iGamble Group, an online gaming critique firm that helps players pick online gambling websites that fit their profile, as well as, helping them to increase their winnings. He is also the founder of NewCasinos.org, and is strictly focusing on this project making stronger and better than ever.